Wednesday 20 May 2009

Some Velvia Scans

Like most people my age, I started photography with a digital compact. I knew almost nothing about photos, other than I hated taking photos with my dad's film camera.


The digital compact was such a refreshing experience that I was quickly hooked! It took me a couple of years to outgrow it and move to the next camera, a Sony again ( seen in the picture to the right ). Again, a great camera, lots of pictures and lots of memories stored. However, something was missing.


Another two years, and I got myself my first digital SLR, a Nikon D300. I got this one with a mission to start creating art. My art. And while doing that, I realized that film might also be worth a look... I got a second-hand Nikon ( I only paid for the lens, the camera just happened to be attached to it :) ). Then a friend gave me a Yashica rangefinder. Last month I even got myself a Holga!


I am still shooting my D300 90% of the time I am going to meet friends, or have a shooting assingment. However, I always carry one of the film cameras over my shoulder on my way to work, or coming back. I even got a scanner ( Epson V500 ) to scan the film myself.


Anyway, I just got back my first roll of Fuji Velvia 50, the standard in professional landscapes from what I am reading. I was blown away by the vivid colours and fine grain.


Here are a couple test shots... Enjoy!


I will review my gear in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment